Who do we contact to have our pastor licensed to perform marriages?

In order to be registered to perform wedding ceremonies in Alberta with CNBC. You must contact Elaine Shaneyfelt, clerk and governing authority for CNBC Alberta. The following information must be provided: 

  • 1. Your full name, exactly as it appears on your birth certificate, passport or other official government ID.
  • 2. Your address including postal code.
  • 3, Your preferred email address
  • 4. Your preferred daytime phone number
  • 5. Your church or ministry
  • 6. Your ministry position
  • 7. Your preferred title, usually Reverend, Pastor or Minister.

*If you are registered to perform wedding ceremonies with another denomination in Alberta, you must end your registration with that denomination in order to be registered with CNBC. You will have to contact the denomination’s governing authority to remove you.

**You may apply for a temporary registration if you do not live in Alberta or Canada and plan to perform a wedding.

***Elaine will submit your application to Vital Statistics and email your certificate and procedures to you .

Once you are registered, please notify Elaine Shaneyfelt when any of your contact information changes (name, address, phone etc.) in order for Vital Statistics to be notified in a timely manner.

 You may submit your information or contact Elaine Shaneyfelt.